ENGAGE - ENERGIZE - EMPOWER

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Busy, busy, busy!

 Image result for norman simon the secret garden

Yikes!  Two weeks without a single post!  

They have been mega busy, action-packed days, between doing my best to amp up record attendance at our local community theater's production of the Tony-award winning re-imagining by Marsh Norman & Lucy Simon of The Secret Garden ~ baking for the college & theologs ~ whipping together all that needs doing for being The Cupcake Lady of Bryn Athyn Bounty ~ starting a brand new professional venture (care coordinator for an out-of-area client) ~AND~ prepping for/participating in last week's National Center for Creative Aging Conference & Leadership Exchange

What an astonishing month it's been!  The Secret Garden's advance ticket sales are at an all-time high, I received an endearing bouquet of flowers from my beloved theologs, attendance at each B.A. Bounty as been as robust as the first (which seemed to best previous seasons' best days), and the conference soared past my wildest dreams.  

Image result for 2015 ncaa national conference and leadership exchange 

Am still awed that last year was the very first NCCA Conference opened to all comers - and I was there!  Am still totally stumped at how I came to hear about it.  Like attending March's Leading to Well-Being Conference  (which perfectly dovetails), a Greater Power meant it to be.

Downright stunned to realize that I apparently didn't write a single word* about it on this blog.  Not a mention of the incredible Anthony Hyatt, whose music was at the heart of my experience across that first conference & related events.  

It was a shock, realizing only last week, that there's not so much as a peep about that first awakening experience, not a mention about Anthony's ability to draw out music & life & joy.  Then again, it's only very recent (as in the past few weeks!) that I've been freed to share things that deeply stir me AT the time I am touched - for most of my life, there had to be a long time between experience & expressing it out loud.  

Image result for anthony hyatt violinist


Over the next days & perhaps weeks, perhaps forever, I'll be expressing out loud the powerful, heart-touching, life-expanding moments experienced last week, beginning with going to the Capitol Hill briefing on 05/18's Summit on Creative Aging in America, combining the NCCA & the National Endowment for the Arts, and ending with an indescribable all-day workshop at the Kreeger Museum.  (My life shifted upward, thanks to Monet's The Rock Needle and the Porte d'Aval Seen from the West.)

 
 Image result for The Rock Needle and the Porte d'Aval Seen from the West

 
It's been two weeks since my last posting, but expect an out-pouring over the next two weeks - months - perhaps years thanks to all I heard saw learned experienced while at my SECOND National Center for Creative Aging Conference & Leadership Exchange.  Including the unforgettable image of a mixed age dance troupe moving with grace energy beauty to the strains of Anthony's violin.

That's a good description of last week - grace energy beauty.  I look forward to sharing what's forever in my heart by expressing it in my life.  

Thank you to everyone who made my attendance participation inspiration possible.  It was bliss.

Image result for maria genne


*  Equally shocked to realize I haven't written anything about March's Leading to Well-Being Conference.  Really, truly shocked. 
In advance of the previous White House Conferences on Aging in 1981, 1995, and 2005, the arts and aging communities held mini-conferences to ensure that arts, culture, and livability were part of larger public policy discussions. The Summit will continue this tradition. The following vital areas of concern will be discussed:
- See more at: http://arts.gov/artistic-fields/accessibility/summit-on-creative-aging-in-america#sthash.1na0GnNy.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment