ENGAGE - ENERGIZE - EMPOWER

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Game on!

Pioneer Network, staying-in-place, Conscious Aging - I read about these & other revolutionary elder care initiatives & feel frustrated.  How to get my unique perspective into today's quest for a saner elder care culture?  

It will take learning new approaches that develop untapped personal communication skills, developing my personal profile (the best way to successfully network is to provide perceived value), and learning systems language currently light years beyond my grasp.  

My perspective, experience & skills are needed in the fight against a culture that too often puts olders out on the fringes, too often considers what olders bring to the table worthless rather than priceless.

This is a time-sensitive problem.  Our olders are slipping away.  Every death is one less opportunity to enrich our lives, our culture.  

For me, this isn't a selfless passion.  At 62, I'm invested in turning things around, back to where they were for millenia - until the Industrial & Information Revolutions made anyone that wasn't perceived as productive or flexible to be outdated, pitiful, taking up valuable space on the planet.

How long have I been helping olders ease into being elders?  At least thirty years.  It's time to stop playing around & get into the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment