ENGAGE - ENERGIZE - EMPOWER

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Peace with Family

What a surprise to discover that the older I get, the more all the wonderful things I've received from my siblings comes to the fore & the more all the experienced-as-drecky stuff fades to the back.  Unexpected & beyond liberating!

Am fond of telling people that if I shared all the hurts & stressed perceived from my sibs, they could be covered over a short cafe au lait at Be Well , but to share all the amazing experiences & awesome insights learned from & through them...?   Well, we'd be at Be Well from a breakfast yogurt parfait through a late afternoon tuxedo,

Age doesn't mute the pains & heart aches; it gives them a different patina, along with the awareness that as much as they wounded me, it's a given that I did a pretty good number on them, too.  One of the great gifts of turning 50 was life began to gain a deeper perspective.  It was pretty clear that I not only knew very little, I basically knew zip. 

Peace with family, at least in my heart.  Definitely one of the gifts of my older age.

No comments:

Post a Comment