ENGAGE - ENERGIZE - EMPOWER

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

An unexpected honor


Image result for hearts


Working with people experiencing the challenges of dementia has never been a strength.  The people I've connected with are vibrant, connected, engaged & open to living.  Which is why I find myself startled to discover that I've been working with someone dealing with The Big D, who's been in the throes of it for many years.  It just never hit me before, because although she cannot remember from moment to moment what day or date it is, did not remember between her entree & dessert that she'd eaten supper, that it wasn't lunchtime, couldn't recall what she'd done earlier in the day, she STILL is vibrant, connected, engaged & open to living. 


Image result for colorful brain


And I know a lot of people I can't say that about who will probably never have to face down the ravages of dementia.

Dear amazing woman - it is a joy to be your friend.  To be with you on this profound journey is an unexpected honor.


Image result for journey

No comments:

Post a Comment