ENGAGE - ENERGIZE - EMPOWER

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Entrenched habits die hard - but die they will!



Image result for bryn athyn college alumni magazine


Peter, my oldest brother, called earlier this evening.  He has a couple pics he wants my help identifying in our local college's alum mag - set my copy aside to go over with him, it was such a secure place that I forgot where it was! 

And he wondered if I had a particular church publication, a book.  I sounded surprised to hear that I don't, since it was unheard of in our household to not have a full set of the books!  He mentioned ordering it from the Cathedral Book Center. 


Without a thought, I immediately offered to pick up a copy & trek it out to him.

Old habits die hard.  Being there for my sibs is downright entrenched.  I doubt Peter's feathers will be in the least ruffled by my stepping aside & letting him order it, the Book Center send it.  He hadn't asked me to step in; the offer was purely reflexive on my part.

Great thing about growing older - we really DO get wiser!  Or at least we wise up.


Image result for bryn athyn cathedral book center

No comments:

Post a Comment