ENGAGE - ENERGIZE - EMPOWER

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Losing my inner Luddite



Image result for tech savvy

Gee, it's hard to remember the years that I was tech savvy, trained in the wily ways of computers by first Prudential, then BISYS Financial Services, with IT folks at my beck & call.  To recall the self who spent time in Chicago - on Prudential's dime - attending Ragan Communications conferences on upgrading from passe hardcopy newsletters bulletins magazines to online.  Who put together Prudential's first online employee communication (Brand Voice Bulletin).  Post-Windows XP, left high & dry by Windows 8, am now feeling like a tech dork, more Luddite than modern.


Image result for luddite 


Gotta lose my inner Luddite.  Okay, I opened the box with my new Windows 10 laptop.  Time to read over the literature.  (Why is there so little of it?  Where is the instruction manual??)  Because the purposes I feel most drawn to in this here & now is making Cyber Access for the Technically Timid. happen, making it a success, making a replicable success.  To do that, have got to get past timid to competent.  

Image result for tech savvy


So, why do I hang back, why the entrenched lollygagging? 

Maybe by TAKING the steps to lose my inner Luddite, I'll find out a bit more about my strange tendency to set traps & snares along my own life path.    


Image result for shoot for the stars



 

No comments:

Post a Comment